RATP Connect offers companies and operators of the largest optical fibre network in the Paris region.
TELCITE’s dark fibre offer is based on an optical network fully dedicated to customers who has now 70,000 km of single-mode fibres in 1,600 km of cables
RATP Connect’s optical network is accessible from 400 points of presence, and mainly installed on RATP premises:
- The East-West axis from Marne la Vallée – Chessy and Boissy Saint Léger to Saint Germain en Laye via Nation, Etoile, La Défense and Nanterre over the RER line A
- The North-South axis from Gare du Nord to Saint Rémy lès Chevreuse and Robinson via Denfert Rochereau and Massy Palaiseau, over the RER line B
- Radial and ring roads in Paris and the inner suburbs along the metro and tram.
The optical network is naturally based on the dense public transport network and is highly secure.
For example, from Etoile to Nation circuits can be routed in 4 different tunnels.
In addition, along a single railway line a cable can be deployed on each side of the track.
RATP Connect network is an alternative backbone network in the Paris Region and is connected :
- To the Irise network of SIPPEREC deployed over 100 towns in the Hauts-de-Seine (92), Seine-Saint-Denis (93) and Val-de-Marne (94);
- To the Semafor77 network in the Seine-et-Marne (77);
- To the Connectic78 in the department of Yvelines (78);
- To the DEBITEX network in the Val-d’Oise (95);
It is possible to interconnect with other networks (regional, national and international) through partner offers.